Register and Vote: Your Future Depends on It!
The hosts of the Anita Hill Party, in conjunction with the League of Women Voters of South Carolina, are working to register first-time voters in high schools and colleges. As our 96-year old host Sarah Leverette says: With freedom comes responsibility.
In order to change laws, we may need to change lawmakers. These are just a few reasons the hosts of the Anita Hill Party believe young women and men should vote and make their voices heard. We have no political affiliation. Our only goal with this campaign is to get young people in high schools and colleges registered to vote for the first time in advance of the 2016 election. We have until October 8th to make that happen.
- With a SC Driver’s License and social security number, it can all be done online through scvotes.org. We will also provide cards to use with QR codes leading directly to the registration page, as well as brochures and step-by-step information about voting.
- Create in-school opportunities to educate and register prospective voters. Schools with internet access can offer real-time registration through SCVotes.
- Identify a group of individuals within a school or organization who can “own” this process and make them knowledgeable in the process.
- Work with groups that already have an interest in government or politics, e.g., Student Council, Young Republicans, or Young Democrats, to serve as advocates.
- Connect with organizations that offer an opportunity to reach multiple young folks:
- Pass out QR codes at graduations or University orientations
- Churches and civic organizations
- Greek and campus clubs
- Palmetto Girls and Boys State
- Use social media to capture the interest of first time voters and persuade them to share with their networks. Key social tools will be Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat with geo-code filters.
Our goal is to help young voters understand how important voting is and to help them make it happen!
For more information or to get involved, please contact email@example.com.
SC Elections Commission Voter Registration
League of Women Voters of South Carolina
Anita Hill Party Host Committee